Crowborough locals left 'absolutely distraught' as illegal migrant housing could stay open 'another FOUR years'
0
Politics

Crowborough locals left 'absolutely distraught' as illegal migrant housing could stay open 'another FOUR years'

May 21, 2026
Scroll
AI Analysis: Appeal to Fear

Posted 1 hour ago by

The leader of Crowborough Says No has told GB News locals are absolutely distraught at the alleged plans to keep the illegal migrant accommodation open until 2030.Speaking to the People's Channel, Gaz declared people need to wake up to the growing illegal migrant crisis in Britain.Crowborough residents have been left outraged over the district council's claims the local army base could continue to house asylum seekers until 2030.The council has said they are deeply dismayed after allegedly discovering court documents outlining plans to keep the camp open for another four years, despite previously being told by the Government it would run for just 12 months.

Analysis Methodology
This narrative analysis was generated using the CoDataLab Global Intelligence Engine. Our proprietary AI scans thousands of cross-border sources to identify sentiment patterns, framing techniques, and potential media bias. While AI provides the data-driven foundation, our objective is to empower readers with additional context beyond the standard headline.The content displayed above is a structured summary designed for rapid information processing. For the full original report, please visit the source outlet.
Crowborough locals left 'absolutely distraught' as illegal migrant housing could stay open 'another FOUR years'

TRENDING Stories Videos Your Say Reacting to the claims, Gaz told GB News residents have been protesting the use of the accommodation for almost 30 weeks, and have no intention of giving up.He said: We can keep doing what we're doing. We've been protesting now for almost 29 weeks, and we're not going to give in at any stage now.I think we knew right from the off when the Home Office started lying to the whole community that it was never going to be 12 months.Gaz highlighted the amount of money they are sinking into asylum accommodation, the Government were never going to walk away after just 12 months.He said: We always envisaged that it was going to be much, much longer than it than it was originally planned for. The amount of money they're actually sinking into the whole camp situation, they were never going to walk away after 12 months, and I fully expect that 2030 will not be the end of it. I expect it to run a lot longer than that.Gaz revealed the accommodation is now pushing 400 illegal migrants.He told GB News: We're pushing 400 in the camp now, and a lot of people will say, well, we don't see them out in the streets, there's no problems. LATEST DEVELOPMENTSCrowborough resident REFUSES to pay council tax after claiming home 'no longer has value'Crowborough asylum camp could stay open until 2030Pensioner couple's dream home rejected for overcrowding despite 350 migrants moving in next doorAnd that is because we are out protesting every single week. We are getting the community together, and they are fully aware from within the camp and when they're actually out on the street, everyone is is watching. So the behaviour has been controlled and that is all about the community and the process.Asked by host Ellie Costello how the asylum accommodation is affecting the community, Gaz made clear locals are distraught about the situation.He said: They're absolutely distraught. I know there's going to be a lot of people that say it's not an issue because they're physically not seeing it.But when you've got them going to the shops every single day to purchase great big one litre bottles of vodka to drink in the local golf course when they're out there, inhaling solvents in towels, when they're actually confronting people on the street, it's all out there. The footage is out there, the photographs are out there, people need to wake up. If this runs to 2030, we'd be facing up to 11,000 migrants coming through that camp. If they're going to rotate them on a three-month basis, that is half the population of Crowborough. That would be extra numbers coming through.In response to safety fears sparked by the migrant accommodation, a Home Office spokesman said: This Government is removing the incentives drawing illegal migrants to Britain.The population in asylum hotels has fallen by nearly 20 per cent in the last year and by 45 per cent since the peak under the previous Government - helping reduce asylum support costs by nearly £1billion.We are working closely and routinely with Sussex Police to ensure appropriate security arrangements are in place for the safety and security of the wider community and asylum seekers.Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter

Reliability Insights

P

Technique: Appeal to Fear
Our AI detected use of specific narrative techniques in this piece.
Analysis Methodology
This narrative analysis was generated using the CoDataLab Global Intelligence Engine. Our proprietary AI scans thousands of cross-border sources to identify sentiment patterns, framing techniques, and potential media bias. While AI provides the data-driven foundation, our objective is to empower readers with additional context beyond the standard headline.The content displayed above is a structured summary designed for rapid information processing. For the full original report, please visit the source outlet.
Narrative Intelligence Report

Our AI engine has processed this content to identify structural patterns, rhetorical techniques, and underlying sentiment.

Rhetorical Framing

P

Appeal to Fear
Detected Technique
72%
Source Credibility

This article aligns with typical narrative patterns from its source. Our engine suggests evaluating this piece with awareness of its detected rhetorical framing.

Verified Source
Cross-Referenced
GB News
GB News

Coverage and analysis from United States of America. All insights are generated by our AI narrative analysis engine.

United States of America
Bias: lean right

Explore More